It’s hard to make big decisions. It’s sometimes hard to know the right answer, or how things will turn out as a result of our decisions. The best thing to do is stay level-headed and follow these suggestions:
- Get perspective. Pretend you’re advising a friend so you can be objective.
- Don’t get too much information. Do your research, but keep in mind that sometimes too much info can complicate things.
- Write it down. Make a list of pros and cons.
- Don’t overthink. I do this all the time, and I can tell you it is crippling!
- Talk to a friend you trust. You can ask for advice, but also because talking it out might help give you greater clarity.
- Meditate. This will help clear your head.
- Trust your gut. You’re more intuitive than you think.
- Think about long-term effects.
- Flip a coin. You’ll see what you’re really hoping for.
- No regrets. Once a decision is made, accept that it’s for the best and don’t question yourself.
Life is full of big decisions and these tips can help in a lot of situations. Have a good attitude and feel confident in your ability to make smart choices and it will become easier.
How do you make big decisions? Share with us on Facebook and Twitter!