Warm Spiced Apple Sangria
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon ground cloves, to taste
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon ground allspice, to taste
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 3 orange rind strips
- 3 cups orange juice (fresh if possible!)
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups apple cider
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 bottles dry red wine
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1 orange, sliced
- 2 apples, sliced
Prep and cook time: yield: 11-12 servings.
- Combine pepper, cloves, allspice, cinnamon sticks, orange rind strips, orange juice, apple cider, and sugar in a large slow cooker.
- Mix well, cover, and set on high for 2 hours.
- Stir in brandy, wine, orange slices, and apple slices.
- Cover and set on low for 30 minutes or until warm. Serve as is in heat-resistant glasses or garnish with extra orange peel or apple slices.
Do you drink sangria? What’s your favorite recipe? Leave us a comment on social media using the hashtag #SpoilYourselfSunday!