With so many options available, you may have a difficult time choosing an all-around body lotion that won’t irritate your sensitive skin. Everyone’s skin is different, however certain ingredients are more likely to cause irritation than others. Dermatologists recommend searching for products that don’t contain irritants such as fragrances, alcohols, or preservatives and instead to look out for products containing nourishing ingredients such as ceramides, colloidal oatmeal, or hyaluronic acid.
Here are 5 great body lotion drugstore options for sensitive skin types:
- Vanicream Moisturizing Cream 16 oz. (starting at $15.49): this is a thick moisturizing cream that is safe for use on your face and body. It helps maintain a healthy moisture level and soothes irritated, cracked, or itchy skin. It’s dermatologist tested and recommended because it’s gentle and free of dyes, fragrances, lanolin, parabens, and formaldehyde. This cream is an ideal product for people of all ages with dry skin associated with eczema, psoriasis, or ichthyosis; It’s also been awarded a seal of acceptance from the National Eczema Association.
- Aveeno Restorative Skin Therapy Oat Repairing Cream 12 oz. (starting at $12.94): this dermatologist-recommended cream is specially formulated with prebiotic oat, aloe, and pro-vitamin B5 to help restore your skin’s natural moisture barrier and improve skin resilience. This cream is formulated without parabens, fragrances, phthalates, and steroids and has clinically been proven to nourish sensitive, distressed, and dry skin.
- Eucerin Skin Calming Body Lotion 16.9 oz. (starting at $9.99): this lotion provides 24 hour moisture and relieves dry and itchy skin. It’s a gentle, non-greasy formula that combines soothing natural oatmeal and rich moisturizers to keep skin healthy and hydrated. This lotion is safe for sensitive skin as it’s fragrance and dye-free and is non-comedogenic.
- CeraVe Daily Moisturizing Lotion 8 oz. (starting at $12.99): this is a great overall body lotion safe for all skin types. It’s formulated with three essential ceramides and hyaluronic acid to help keep your skin hydrated and maintain your skin’s natural moisture barrier. It’s a gentle formula that works great for those with sensitive skin or skin conditions; Pediatricians even recommend this product for babies or children with eczema. This lotion was developed by dermatologists and it has also been accepted by the National Eczema Association.
- Lubriderm Unscented Daily Moisture Lotion for Sensitive Skin 16 oz. (starting at $6.29): this lotion is enriched with vitamin B5 and moisturizes to help improve your skin’s moisture barrier and keep your skin hydrated for 24 hours. It’s formulated for normal to dry skin types and is free of fragrance, dyes, and lanolin.