Welcome to our #ScrumptiousSaturday post! Do you find yourself making the same tired, old recipes all the time? Let CatchyFreebies help you out with a delicious recipe that your family and your budget will love. If you have any culinary money-saving tips, we’d love for you to share them with all of us on our Facebook wall or tweet @CatchyFreebies with the hashtag #ScrumptiousSaturday.
Thanksgiving is less than a week away and you might still be looking for one more perfect addition to your menu. Or maybe you’re super organized and you’ve had everything planned for weeks already. Either way, I’m sure you’ll agree that this Sparkling Cranberry Orange Sangria from Gimme Some Oven is just the thing to take your Thanksgiving dinner over the top!
It’s refreshing, festive, and best of all- easy! You can make this drink as is, or make it non-alcoholic by substituting the sparkling wine with sparkling apple juice or ginger ale, and using orange juice instead of Cointreau. In fact, you can pretty much tweak this recipe any way to suit your tastes. Just make sure to write down any changes you love- so you’ll remember for the next time you make it. Which you will be doing… a lot!
Sparkling Cranberry Orange Sangria
- 2 cups cranberry juice
- ½ cup Cointreau (or any orange liqueur)
- 1 orange, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon or lime, thinly sliced
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 bottle sparkling wine (Cava, Champagne, etc.)
- optional garnishes for serving: fresh cranberries, extra cinnamon sticks, extra sliced oranges
- Stir together cranberry juice, Cointreau, orange slices, lemon (or lime) slices and cinnamon sticks in a large pitcher.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes (or up to eight hours).
- When you are ready to serve the sangria, add the sparkling wine to the cranberry juice mixture and stir briefly to combine.
- Serve immediately in glasses, topped with optional garnishes if desired.
Do you have a recipe for a special holiday drink? Share with us on Facebook and Twitter using the hashtag!