Hello and welcome to #SpoilYourselfSunday, where we celebrate simple and frugal ways to enjoy a little me-time. This #SpoilYourselfSunday is Chocolate Covered Cherries Day, so you should definitely treat yourself to our Healthy Chocolate Covered Cherries recipe!
Healthy Chocolate Covered Cherries
(Adapted from Chocolate Covered Katie)
- fresh cherries with stems, organic if possible
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup, agave, raw honey, or other liquid sweetener
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- Line a large plate, baking sheet, or cooling rack (that will fit in your fridge!) with parchment paper; set aside.
- Mix liquid sweetener and melted coconut oil in a bowl, then stir in cocoa powder until you have a lovely, thin chocolatey sauce.
- Grab a cherry by the stem and swirl it in the chocolate sauce until coated, then place it on the parchment paper; repeat for all cherries.
- Place the parchment-lined plate in your fridge to set the chocolate, and keep refrigerated until just before serving to prevent the coconut oil from melting. Enjoy!
Note: If you don’t have cocoa powder and liquid sweetener, you can substitute 1/2 cup of vegan chocolate chips (or regular if that’s all you have) and melt with 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil for the chocolate covering.
What’s your favorite recipe for chocolate covered cherries? Leave us a comment on social media using the hashtag #SpoilYourselfSunday!