Losing weight is a journey that takes continuous self control and hard work. The dedication involved in losing weight is intense and can even be daunting for some beginning to try. Luckily, there are many different ways to lose weight, and each unique in their own way. With this list, you can easily find which way will make for the most enjoyable and suited for you process in losing weight and shedding those stubborn pounds.
- Running/Treadmill workouts: Running is a great cardio exercise that burns calories fairly quickly, whether it be on the treadmill or outside. Running is best suited for people with great stamina who would prefer listening to music when they work out. Running regularly will feel like you are definitely accomplishing something because you will feel that sweaty post-gym feeling!
- Swimming: If you have a local pool, swimming is an excellent way to lose calories and fast. Depending on the swimming style you use, swimming laps can burn around 300-500 calories in just a half hour. Swimming is also amazing because it is a low impact exercise that doesn’t give you muscle cramps or tire your limbs as quickly as most types of cardio.
- Calorie deficit dieting: Consuming less calories than your daily average is a good way for your body to store less calories as fat, slimming your waist. Drinking plenty of water, especially before meals, will boost your metabolism and help flush out toxins in your body, making you lost weight and water weight even quicker.
- Eliminate processed sugars from your diet: Processed carbohydrates and sugars can often be stored as that stubborn neck and lower belly fat you may have. Eliminating processed sugars from your diet is really hard in the first 3 days, as sucrose acts like a drug, and you may experience withdrawals. Once you pass that stage, your body will begin burning that fat, especially if you also eat healthier foods in general.
- Intermittent fasting: Intermittent fasting is a new dieting trend that involves eating full meals involving whatever you want to eat, except you fast for at least 8 hours a day. The most popular trend is the 16/8 method, which involves eating for a maximum of 16 hours and fasting for a minimum of 8 hours a day. Most people eat their last meal at 8:00 pm and have their first meal again the next day at 12:00 pm.
- Zumba classes: Dancing zumba in a class is a super fun way to go about losing weight, especially for those who like music and dancing. Zumba is a guided rapid dance class in which you mirror the dance moves of the instructor in front of the room. The dances are high energy and move quickly, which acts as a form of fat burning cardio.
- Strength training: Strength training involves lifting weights and strengthening your muscles, including your abdomen. Strength training boosts your metabolism, converting fat into “energy” for your muscles to build themselves with. Dedicated strength training should slim your waist and have a full body weight loss effect rather quickly.