gluten-free healthy chocolate souffle recipe
Hello and welcome to #SpoilYourselfSunday, where we celebrate simple and frugal ways to enjoy a little me-time. February 28 (that's today!) is National Chocolate Soufflé Day! To celebrate, we couldn't resist sharing our own version of a gluten-free, healthy chocolate soufflé! Soufflés can be tough to get perfect, as any pastry chef or baker can tell you. But if you follow this recipe to the T, you'll get a delicious, naturally sweet and gluten-free dessert - even if it doesn't look exactly like the picture ;)
Click through for our healthy chocolate soufflé recipe!
Healthy Gluten-Free Chocolate Soufflé(Adapted from Busy But Healthy)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder (choose Dutch processed cocoa for darker soufflés)
- 1/2 cup almond milk (you can sub in coconut or rice milk)
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 6 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 tbsp egg whites (or 2 egg whites
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix cocoa and flour in a small saucepan on low heat. Add milk and maple syrup.
- Stir for 2 minutes to heat everything up, then stir in the vanilla.
- Beat egg whites in a bowl until stiff peaks form.
- Fold half of the egg whites into the chocolate mixture (carefully!) using a metal spoon. When everything is almost combined, fold in the other half of the egg whites, making sure not to let all the air out of those peaks!
- Prep your ramekins with cooking spray or oil. Spoon 1/6 of the mixture into each ramekin.
- Pop your soufflés in the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Enjoy immediately!
Do you like to make soufflés? What's your favorite chocolate soufflé recipe? Leave us a comment on social media using the hashtag #SpoilYourselfSunday!